10mins preparation & cooking
half a pointed cabbage, chopped
50g light mozzarella, cubed
30ml balsamic vinegar
50g low-fat yoghurt
chilli sauce (optional)
This is essentially a quick and tasty way of cooking cabbage. You can have it without the mozzarella or replace it with something else for the protein.
(whole cabbage shown in picture)
1) Heat the balsamic vinegar in a large pan until it is bubbling then add the washed chopped cabbage.
2) Cover with a lid (which has a steam vent hole) and cook for a couple of minutes over a medium-high heat. The cabbage will steam in vinegar and the water left from washing.
3) Meanwhile, arrange the cubed mozzarella in the centre of your plate.
4) Remove lid – the cabbage should have reduced by half in size. Stir so that all the cabbage is coated in the balsamic.
5) Continue to cook with the lid off until most of the liquid at the bottom of the pan has gone. Don’t cook for more than five minutes in total.
6) Pile the cabbage on top of the mozzarella. Serve with a dollop of yoghurt and a few drops of chilli sauce. Don’t add salt – the vinegar provides the seasoning.
The warmth of the cabbage will make the mozzarella nicely chewy. This is nice served with a slice of brown bread.
|1 serving||calories||protein (g)||carbs (g)||fat (g)|
|Half a cabbage (450g raw)||109||5.5||24.4||0.8|
|50g light mozzarella||82||10.0||0.2||4.5|
|30ml balsamic vinegar||32||0.1||6.9|
|1 slice brown bread||110||6.4||11.9||4.0|