This is a general recipe for vegetable soup.
Per portion for this recipe (400g soup + 45g garnish):
- 121 calories
- 4.4g protein
- 24.0g carbohydrates
- 2.3g fat
- 4.7g fibre
1kg mixed vegetables (and fruit)
2 tablespoons tomato puree
1 litre vegetable stock
For the garnish
5ml rapeseed oil
575g raw vegetables to bake (makes 215g)
raw chopped celery leaves
thin strips of red pepper
Fat-free yoghurt (optional)
In this example, I use cabbage, courgette, red onion and a pear. Another combination is carrots, apples, celery, onion.
1) Fill a large pan with 1kg of roughly-chopped vegetables.
2) Add the stock and tomato puree plus any flavourings such as chilli, herbs and garlic. Don’t add salt if you’re using a stock cube.
3) Cover, bring to the boil and simmer for 30mins or until all the vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
4) Meanwhile, chop the vegetables to bake into 1cm cubes.
5) Add them with the rapeseed oil to a baking tray and toss with your fingers.
6) Bake for about 20 minutes – stirring twice – until the vegetables look cooked.
Your cooked soup will look something like this.
7) Liquidise all or most of the soup and return to the pan.
This is the finished soup – add a portion the baked vegetables and a dollop of fat-free yoghurt to serve.
The soup can be frozen into portion-sized bags.
|baked red pepper||3||0.1||1.0||0.0||0.1|