(This recipe was sent to me by my cousin who got it from her friend.)
|Makes 4 burgers.
14 oz (400g) green lentils
4 oz (110g) onion, finely chopped
2 oz (60g) sweet red pepper, de-seeded and chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
1/2 tsp ground coriander
salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Put the onion and sweet pepper into a non-stick saucepan and cook without adding fats or liquid, for 6 to 7 minutes, until they are tinged with brown. Stir often to prevent sticking.
- Stir in the garlic and coriander and cook for a further minute, then remove from heat.
- Mash lentils and add to vegetable mixture with some salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Form the lentil mixture into 4 equal sized burgers, pressing them well.
- Put them on a non-stick baking tray and bake for 20 to 30 minutes, turning them over after about 15 minutes, cooking both sides.
- Serve hot or warm.