I’ve been knowingly over-eating and bingeing the last few weeks – it came to a head a couple of days ago – but, until I saw the photos, I hadn’t realised just HOW MUCH I have been eating.
I’m ashamed and embarrassed but this is what this blog is for. I need to post my food diaries daily to stop things getting out of hand.
I have no explanation of why I am over-eating again. I can only say that I am going through the same thought processes and irrational rationalisations that I had pre-diet – that, dammit, I WILL have that extra portion, or more biscuits, and, now that I’ve started having more, WHY STOP NOW?
But I’ve put on 7 lbs since my hitting my lightest weight; going back to how things were is not an option.
My new (old) resolutions:
- back to smaller bowls
- don’t pre-select fruit with brunch sandwich unless still hungry after 15 mins
- buy chewing gum for urges of something sweet
- one fruit at a time
- omit cheddar cheese from brunch sandwiches
- stop adding fruit juice to squash
- no biscuits or cakes except at the Cake Club where I’ll only have one non-large slice
- drink more
- ration sultanas & seeds
- eat more salads now that it’s warm again
- no immediate seconds – wait at least 30 mins before eating again
- don’t let visitors leave behind cakes and cream
The good thing has been that I’ve started going for brisk one-hour walks with a friend. We go about twice a week and have been out 3-4 times so far. I am going to try to arrange walks on the other days with other people. I like walking with people I can chat with. I hate walking (for exercise) alone.